Monday, May 3, 2010

First Day....

So I survived the first day with all the kids - by myself! I think I even have all 6 still alive! :) I consider that to be a good day! :)

It started off great - Anders actually stayed in his bed and didn't start the day off with discipline! I will admit the kids were still in their jammies until after nap, but hey, so was I! I will also admit that my breakfast dishes didn't get loaded into the dishwasher until about 4pm when the fear of Ryan coming home and seeing them still there motivated me! He HATES a messy kitchen and unfortunately I could care less!

Luckily, I will also admit I am cheating for dinner and using a freezer meal that I prepped ahead of time. I also "made" dinner for Wednesday by getting out another meal a friend gave us to freeze! Gotta love that quick home-made cooking!

Caylor did well today. She put herself to sleep in her crib for 2 naps! I was rather surprised, but glad that she chose to do it! It made school time much easier - hence why I got school even completed today!

We got a walk in today, which helps with Mommy's mental state of being outside and not stuck in the house - yea God for good weather! However, I am a little stressed that the kids are starting to lose it and Ryan hasn't called yet to say he is on his way home (5:15pm!) Ugh - hang in there group! We will make it to the end!

Now, I know not every day will go this smoothly, but wow - glad God chose today for all the kids to be even tempered and well-behaved. It has given me a boost of confidence that hey, this 6-kid thing isn't THAT hard! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, six kids IS hard, but you can do it 'cuz first of all, God gave YOU, Jennie, those six kids and he NEVER gives us more than we can handle!! And this grandma remembers the stubborn little girl that could do anything she set her mind to! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete