Looking back in the rear view mirror, we were at times naïve, at times scared, at times frustrated with the whole process, at times scared, and at times so excited we didn't think we could keep waiting! God matched our girls perfectly to our family. Ryan and I still vividly remember meeting our 2 beauties for the first time. So much emotion, so much nerves, and so much joy. From the beginning, I was introduced as Mama and Ryan introduced as Papa. I was torn - that was a title I felt I needed to earn. But, WOW! It felt so good for them to call me Mama! While I still am not sure I've earned that title properly - I am a lot closer. I am fortunate that I have gotten to be with my babies on 4 different occasions. They open up more and more every time I am with them. We are slowly peeling away the layers of learning everything about each other.
Fast forward 4 years, and last night Ryan and I were able to apply for Visa's for our girls! VISA'S!!! This is HUGE!! While we still can't be cleared to travel yet, we are inching closer and closer to the finish line. Those same emotions I had earlier - the feelings of naivety, anxiousness, frustration, fear and excitement - are all still very real and alive today in the present with our impending homecoming! Actually, I feel all those emotions and so many more times about 1,000. Not to mention, those emotions change about 1,000 times a day. Yes, I've been "fun" to live with!! So many what-if's, grieving for my girls, anxious about all the children jiving together, etc, etc. So much going on in the Batch house!!
I am thankful that God took care of us 4 years ago, just like He is today. I have come to learn to stop and pray immediately when the fears, doubts, and frustrations start to creep in. He's got all that under control and I am so thankful for that!!
We are hoping for a 2 to 3 week homecoming, but obviously, that could all change - longer or shorter - depending on a few things! We would love some prayers in the mean time!!
- D and W leaving behind everything they know and everyone they love.
- Safe travels and all on one flight. Since the 7 kids here are traveling with us this time - we have a, ahem.... larger party to book last minute!
- Final paperwork to come through timely, but completely.
- Health for everyone, but mainly our W as she has some strikes already against her!
- Going through customs can be tricky and it seems to never be the same for one family to the next.
- Finally, pray peace and endurance over us - we have a long road ahead of us, we realized that, but Mama is beyond ready to have her babies together in one country!!!
As always, thanks for all the love, prayers and support we have been given over the last 4 years! This is definitely a team game and we can't wait for you to meet our newest members!