Thursday, March 5, 2009

Snow Bunnies

Snow, snow, and more snow! Southern Maryland got pounded with snow last weekend and we had some VERY happy kiddos! They were very excited to head outside and get to play in it! Here we are, all dressed after about 20 minutes of Ryan and I dressing, layering and stuffing clothing to try to get the kids to stay outside more than 10 minutes!



Well, we did a good job dressing everyone because they stayed outside for awhile! You can see how much snow we got - it was around 10 to 12 inches. We only lost one child once while outside and soon found him due to his red coat! He lost his boots and was trying to recover them!!! Brrr...



Snow angels aplenty!



I must admit, H was not a big fan of the snow! It was rather windy at the time, so the snow was coming up and hitting him in the face. We kept trying to explain to this almost-2 yr old that if he stopped crying, his face wouldn't be as cold from the wet tears.....that never got accomplished and he was the first one inside!



This is R's interpretation of the snow!



The following day, I let G and E go outside during nap time while the younger boys slept. They had a blast. I truly didn't think E especially would be out there long, but alas, they surprised me once again! I finally called my sister to see how long was too long to let a 5 yr old stay outside in chilly weather! He was outside for 3 hours and I still had to call him in! He was loving it!



Yes, the fascination of eating snow - I will never understand!


Here is our sad attempt on the first day to make a snowman. Ryan and I were doing all the work, so we just stopped and started throwing snowballs! Yes, now E is eating the snow!
We had a great time with the snow and learned we need better gloves! The snow is melting and now it is just slush, so the snow-playing days are over, but it sure did give us a break and something new to do to pass the winter days away! We are officially ready for Spring now!

1 comment:

  1. Too cute!!! I'm not sure I've ever gotten to play in that much snow before. I bet they had a BLAST!! Love you all. =)

    ReplyDelete