Friday, March 6, 2009

But....

So another cute story! This was awhile back, I took G to Target to get a few items. One of them was the Butt Paste ointment we use on the diapered children of the house. I swear by this ointment by the way. So I was in the correct isle looking for it and I asked G if he saw it anywhere. He got excited when he saw it and said, "Here it is Mommy. Here's the....." pause - he didnt' know what to call it. He looked at me with those large brown eyes and said quietly, "I don't want to say that word here, Mommy". I just started to laugh at my rule-follower!

Fast forward to last week....
G learns sight words in school and his new one last week was the word but. Now, I have never heard this word (used in the rear-end concept) come from G's mouth, so I didn't think it was going to be a big deal. Well he was sounding it out on Monday to learn it for the week. As he was reading the flashcard, he eyes go up to me and he gets a sly little smile on his face. I then realize he knows what the word is and I try to pass it off, however, mommy got a little childish and started to giggle. So he says, mommy I don't want to say that word. I explained the difference, and he can now say the word but - but he still looks up at me and gives me a cute little smile!

1 comment:

  1. How cute is he??!! Hearing stories like this makes me miss all of them SO much more!!! Love you guys. =)

    ReplyDelete