Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Little Slacking...

I haven't been able to blog for awhile - not that I am all that dedicated about updating - due to sickness in our family since Christmas! I am hoping we are on the tail end (until the next round, that is!)

My pregnancy is going well. Baby is very healthy and growing like a true Batchelor Baby! We have chosen a name for our little girl-to-come!

Caylor Lindy Batchelor
We let the kids make the final decision after much debate. For some reason Ryan and I have been looking for a "C" name, so that is where Caylor came from. Lindy is in honor of my two very special sisters whom I strive to be like! (Lisa + Cindy) They are the best sisters! They have ALWAYS been there for me no matter where or when! They are some of my best friends and truly Godly role models for me! I wish everyone had a pair of sisters just like mine - love you ladies! :)
Anyways, I found out my actual due date is April 6th, however, when people ask, I still say early April in hopes that I don't become the ugly bitter woman that I usually become when flying right on by a due date! I know that God has the perfect time for them to make their joyous arrival, but by the end, I want to hold that special little girl.
I have "come to terms" with the addition of a girl. Don't get me wrong, I am still holding a small glimmer of hope for another boy, but again, God knows what our family needs. So a sister for Ellie it is! Ellie is getting excited about her little sister coming. She keeps saying things like I can share that with my new sister when she comes, or maybe we can play that together when she gets bigger. It truly melts my heart! Every little outfit/blanket/pair of socks I get, she oooo's and aaaahhh's over! She has asked if she could come with us to the hospital when it's time for the baby to come out. Ryan and I are still in deliberation about that one. What do you all think? This particular 5 year old girl loves the ooo and goo of boo-boo's so I'm not worried about that one. Selfishly I want Ryan to be able to fully focus on Caylor's day and his new daughter and not be distracted with Ellison being in the room and such. I am open for opinions!
I will try to get some pictures of Ridge's birthday pictures up here soon - er, well - soon in Batchelor time! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the name, especially the middle name after hearing the story behind it! You guys come up with the greatest names!

    ReplyDelete