Monday, October 26, 2009

A True E Statement!

So yesterday afternoon was a lazy one around the condo in between church services! I flipped on the TV and saw that there was gymnastics on. I called E in to watch (knowing full well she was going to want to dress up in full gear, also knowing I didn't pack a leotard with us! Trouble in sight!) Anyways, she came in bouncing and excited to watch! Of course, about 2 minutes later:
E: "Mommy, can I get in my leotard?"
Me: "Well, E, I didn't bring a leotard, I'm sorry. How about you put on your swimsuit?"
E: "Okay" with a little disappointment.

By now, G had come in the room to see what all the excitement was about. E comes dressed in her swimsuit and without hesitation says:
E: "G, do you want to watch me do the gymnastics or the tv?"
G: "Uh, E, I think I am going to watch the tv."
E: "Okay, well, I am doing the same thing!"

Classic E!!! She never disappoints me for a laugh!

E has also had a rough week in transition life this week! She has not made good choices and has been in trouble often this week - usually leading her brothers into temptation as well. I felt like we had tried everything, warned over 100 million times, disciplined until it couldn't be done anymore - it was time to start taking away priviledges. Now, being that we are in transition - we are trying to be a wee-bit more lenient. We also don't have many activities and priviledges to take away. The only major one we have is AWANA, where she is a Sparks member. The kids truly look forward (and work hard, I must add in here) to AWANA. We had warned E all day about losing Sparks and she pushed the envelope too far and lost the priviledge. Now, for the most part, I have enjoyed parenting and the results Ryan and I have gotten from our children. However, this was probably the hardest time parenting E so far. Ryan and I debated letting her "earn it back", however, we felt in the end, the message needed to get through as far as making better choices this week! She had to go and tell her Sparks teacher why she would not be attending and that alone about broke my heart! She did a good job and was super brave and kept the tears away until the end! Her teacher handled it beautifully and talked to E. I had tears in my eyes as we walked away. We are praying that it helps E's behavior and choices this week. All this to say - parenting is hard and sometimes it just plain sucks when you have to do the hard stuff!!!

I will let you all know how E's behavior has been next week! :) Stay tuned! :)

1 comment:

  1. Good Grief!! That just brought tears to my eyes reading about it. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been for you to do. Hang in there Mommy J and hope you have a better couple of days with E and all of the kiddos. Give them all lots of love and hugs from Aunt Jodie.

    ReplyDelete