Thursday, July 14, 2016

Under the Mango Tree....

Under this mango tree is the place I met my girls....
Under this mango tree is the place I first heard them laugh...
Under this mango tree is the place I received my first hug from one of them....
Under this mango tree is the place their little voices taught me creole...
Under this mango tree is where most of my memories with my girls are from....

I sure wish I was sitting under this beautiful mango tree now laughing with my girls, hearing their little voices speak so quickly in creole, and staring at their beautiful brown skin.  However, this can't be done yet.  I am choosing to be happy in God's timing. 

I get asked so much about the progress of our adoption.  I am choosing to be patient with people when I say there is nothing new to report.  Everyone means well. 

I hear about other kids loosing teeth, experiencing fireworks for the first time, or a breakout at the crèche of chicken pox.  I know I am missing some milestones in my girl's life.  However, I am choosing to rejoice in the surrounding adults that make these things better for them when I cannot. 

We started to move furniture around in our house in anticipation of getting everyone else settled before the girls homecoming.  It was exciting, however, when it was all done, it drastically pointed out that there were people missing in beds.  I am choosing to let God fill that emptiness. 

Most of my feelings now days are just that, they are choices that I must make....sometimes daily, sometimes more often.  I am unsettled in my life at home, knowing that part of my family is missing.  However, I must choose to be content in where God has me.  He is still teaching me, molding me, to be the best person he wants me to be.  I certainly won't be finished any time soon, but I am choosing to have confidence in my Lord that He will see this through to the end. 




So under the mango tree memories were made and I am ever so thankful for every single one of them!  Help me (most days) to continue to choose to be happy and content where you have me Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment