Monday, March 2, 2015

Our next fundraiser!

139 envelopes

So here's how it works - there are 139 envelopes - why 139? Great question!!! 

Psalm 139
 
O Lord, you have searched me
and you know me. 
You know when I sit and when I rise;
you perceive my thoughts from afar.
You discern my going out and my lying down;
you are familiar with all my ways.
Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O Lord.
 
You hem me in - behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Such a knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.

If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me
and the light become night around me."
even the darkness will not be dark to you;
the night will shine like the day,
for darkness is as light to you.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you
when i was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book before one of them came to be.

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
Were I to count them,
they would outnumber the grains of sand.
When I awake,
I am still with you.
 
If only you would slay the wicked, O God!
Away from me, you bloodthirsty men!
They speak of you with evil intent;
you adversaries misuse your name.
Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord,
and abhor those who rise up again you?
I have nothing but hatred for them;
I count them my enemies

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts,
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

You choose an envelope, and you donate that amount of money. It's that simple.

If you choose envelope #5, you donate $5. If you choose envelope #139, you donate $139. You get the idea, right? Some select envelopes will have bonus items associated with them (Ex: candy bar, coloring page, gift cards, etc.... so choose wisely, you may just end up with a gem from our family!)

We will keep everyone updated on what numbers have already been purchased and which envelopes are still available. If there is a denomination that you really want and someone already took that envelope, choose two envelopes to add up to that number! We also would love to hear why you chose a number if it is special to you!  For example, I had a sweet friend who was going to buy a necklace and she gave us the money instead of purchasing the necklace.  It was a touching gesture that I had never thought of doing, and want to start being more proactive about doing the same thing! 

If we get all 139 envelopes, we will raise almost $10,000 ($9619 to be exact)! AMAZING! This would almost take care of our last LARGE payment that is due. We are continually blessed and astounded at how God has taken care of our finances with this whole journey. He has always provided and we trust in Him to finish this journey with us! Want to join us?  Either message (email, FaceBook message, text or reply somehow!) and tell me what number envelop you would like. 


**As a side note - this fundraiser came from my daughters heart. She is a giver, a compassionate hearted person that loves people. She came to me wanting to sell things like potholders, rainbow loom bands, etc. I wasn't sure how that would come about, seeing as the market isn't necessarily booming for those kinds of items! However, I didn't want to squash her spirit. She then said that she wanted to give some of her personal money towards raising funds for the adoption. Again, I didn't want to take her money, since she and her siblings are raising enough money for a plane ticket home for one of the kiddos. I prayed and prayed about how I could involve her more, since she was obviously interested in being actively involved in raising funds. So I started searching for ways for her to be involved. This is where the idea started and we, as a family, decided this was a fun way for everyone to be involved.**

No comments:

Post a Comment