Friday, April 25, 2014

God has a sense of humor!!

So we have been busy filling out, completing necessary forms, receiving reference letters, and pretty much living and breathing Grant Applications the last several months.  All in all, we have exhausted our list and have applied for 10 different grants all ranging in different denominations of money.  Hours and hours we have poured over these things and then send them off with a hands-on prayer!  We are excited to see how God is going to work through these grants!!! 

However, as I was dropping off grants #7, #8, and #9 at the post office I was blessed by God's humor.  Our post office workers are nice, a little gruff, but nice.  I was determined as I walked into the PO this time, that I was going to get a smile from the worker today!  It was my turn in line and I walked to the counter to lay the grant envelopes down.  He weighed them all individually and I was working my magic to get that man to smile!  No smiles...

My total price came in at $7.77.  At this time the PO worker looks directly at me - am I going to get a smile now, an encouraging word, a.n.y.t.h.i.n.g??!!  Nope, but I did get a little humor!  He says (as he has his hands on all three of my envelopes), "Wow, 777 you must be mailing some lucky things today, better go play the lottery!" 

Oh Mr. Post-Office-Man-Who-Never-Smiles, if you only knew what was in those envelopes!  However, I don't need luck because My God is bigger than luck!  I feel that was God's way of saying, "Relax Jen, I got this money thing all worked out!"  I love the way God works!! 

On a side note - we have about 6 more grants to apply for once we get our USCIS finished and get a referral of our kiddos! 

God is good - all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment