Friday, February 28, 2014

Just airing some frustrations....

So today's post isn't all jolly and upbeat as the previous ones have been.  This post is mainly to get things off my chest.  My frustrations, my envies, my agenda.  See, all these things I KNOW God has under control, but sometimes I start to go to the other side and start to take them back into my own hands.  Sometimes I struggle with this daily!  Today I am struggling with our Social Worker.  She is an extremely nice woman and we are glad she has done all that she has.... up until this point.  Without going into the depressing details, we have been at this stage for over a month!  We were hoping to be Homestudy Complete by the end of February!  Well, today is that day and no report has been completed. 

We got an email update from our agency (whom we LOVE by the way!) and they send out timelines on other families.  My first mistake was reading this email, but the excitement got the better of me.  One family (ONLY ONE!) started and ended their process in 11 months.  That's right, 11 months!  Most are taking up to 2 years.  Well, little Miss Competitive here, wanted that same time frame and that is not the time frame God has for our family.  I let my agenda get in the way and my emotions came to an explosion today when I found out not even all our interviews have been conducted!  Sigh! 

I was quickly reminded of Ecclesiastes 3 where God states there is a time for everything.  God knows the exact date that my kids in Haiti will indeed become mine.  Yes, I am anxious.  Yes, we are doing everything we can to speed up this process.  Yes, I am worried about their well-being until I can get them into my own arms.  But all this does nothing to help my kids get home faster.  In Ecc. 3, I am reminded that God already knows all this timing-business.  Even if the Social Worker takes longer than what we think she should.  I am thankful for a God that is Omniscient.  I am thankful for a God that knows my worries and anxieties and puts people into contact with me that reminds me of that.  I am thankful for His Word that I can have at my fingertips to know all these things about Him. 

So instead of being all mopey, depressed, and anxious - I am going to try to salvage my day and look at the fact that I serve a God who is Omniscient! 

No comments:

Post a Comment