Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Aaaahhh God - YOU are in control!

So it's no big secret that adoption, especially international, is pricey.  In fact, it has been one of the major reasons that we were initially holding back starting the whole process.  For anyone that knows my honey, knows that he is a budget-oriented-minded person.  I appreciate this (now) about him and how secure it has made me feel since marrying him.  When we discussed about how we would finance the adoption, we had a general plan for the initial payments that were going to have to be made, however, beyond those first several, we weren't sure exactly where the $$ was going to come from.  What I found amazing was that Ryan wasn't worried about it as much as I was.  This was COMPLETE role reversal for us.  I found I was thinking about the $$ side of the adoption more than he was.  He just wasn't uptight about it, wasn't nervous about it, just was at peace with it.  This was an Aaaaaahhhh God - you are in control moment!!! 

The next amazing thing that God was putting in motion was that we were independently thinking about our monthly budget and how we could squeak another couple of dollars out of it.  As we were working through (some of the mounds!) paperwork, he stopped and said he had been thinking of some areas that we could tighten up in the budget.  I didn't know he had been thinking of ideas like I had been.  Aaaaaahhhh God - you are in control moment!! My slant on saving this month was to get the whole family behind it and make it a family sacrificing to really let the kids see:
     a.) the value of money,
     b.) how we were truly sacrificing to bring kids home to our join our family,
     c.) how we were stepping out in faith for God to provide the money. 
Between the two of us, we thought of a way to save $xxx amount of money this month to put towards adoption expenses.  It has been soooo easy this month to make those tiny sacrifices and the kid have really gotten creative in one particular area.  Aaaaaahhhh God - you are in control! 

So as we were getting ready to sit down to dinner tonight, Ryan was going through some mail (of which was probably a couple days old since we tend to slack in being punctual about mail-opening!)  And he asked me to come and look at something.  I asked him if he could bring it to me since I was in the middle of cooking chicken.  He put in front of my face a check for $xxx of which we were not expecting.  Aaaaahhhh God - you are in control. 

But what was even more amazing was the amount - y'all it was only $3 difference in the amount we saved that month and the amount of the check!  Aaaaahhh God - you are soooo in control of this adoption, it's timing, it's affordability, and everything else it entails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment