Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Grady's BIGGEST decision.....

So I'm sure most of my readers (all 2 of you!) have heard that Grady accepted Christ into his heart on 8/10/10. It was seriously one of the neatest days of my life! My kids births are fantastic and all - but knowing I am going to spend eternity with them - is probably even more exciting!!!

So here's the story for those of you that want to know:

Grady had asked about asking Jesus into his heart about 6 months ago. Ryan and I talked to him about it and we weren't quite really sure he knew what all that meant, etc. (do any of us, really?!) But we had asked him to wait a little bit longer to make sure he really understood what it meant. I asked Ryan the Sunday before the Tuesday he made the decision, if he thought we had discouraged him and wondered if he would ask again about it. Well God answered....as usual!!!

It was a Tuesday and Grady had been having a rough day! It was evening time and he had done something mean to his brother/sister (can't remember which one) so Daddy sent him to the bathroom for disciplining..... (insert clear throat here for those grandparents reading!) Ryan said he would take care of it and I left to go work out.

I came home and asked Ryan how Grady did (since he had been having a rough day already!) Ryan said we needed to talk about that later. So 8pm comes, the little ones are put to bed and Grady is up with us. Ryan told me about their talk in the bathroom that we always have after ahem - disciplining.... Here's the conversation as I remember it:
R: "Why did you ____________ ?" (can't remember the offense!)
G: He broke down crying and hid his face. "I don't want to be like that anymore!"
R: "Who's the only one that can help us change?"
G: "God"
R: "That's right! We can try to change, but we need God's help to change completely."
Then something to the fact that Grady wanted to ask God for help and Ryan asked him some questions about having Him live in your life, etc.

Now jump to after 8pm when only Ryan, Grady and I are up. We are sitting on the couch asking Grady all kinds of questions to see how much he truly understands. I remember at one time Ryan asking G a difficult question. I was thinking of an answer when Grady spouts off an answer that even surprised me! We thought he had a better understanding of what Jesus gave up and offered us for free!

So we all 3 sat there on the couch as Grady repeated a prayer that Ryan was saying. I cried through the whole thing - and I think I saw tears in Ryan's eyes (this coming from the man who is made of tin and doesn't own tear ducts!) when we were done.

I mean, we have prayed for this day for quite some time for Grady.....then it came! It was truly amazing and incredible - I think I smiled through my sleep that night!

Grady has amazed us with how much he loves to read his Bible and such. But now when I look at him reading it - I wonder, what is his life going to be when he gets older? We he stick and walk with God, will he turn away and dismiss what he has done, or will he just go through the motions? I pray that Grady will keep God close and will see how much easier life is with Him in it!

Grady has started doing devotionals everyday and I think he feels older since making such a BIG life decision on his own! I can't wait until (hopefully ALL) more of my children start living their lives with God as their center!
Thank you God for saving my son for eternity!

2 comments:

  1. Yea Grady, my brother in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenny for sharing this. I knew about the decision but none of the details. You guys are such Godly parents! We too, are praying that all our grandkids have the same relationship with God.

    ReplyDelete