Monday, April 12, 2010

Caylor Lindy

I would like to introduce the newest member of our growing family:

Caylor Lindy Batchelor

Born April 4, 2010 at 4:30pm

9lbs, 10 oz 19 inches long



Caylor came with great gusto! Being Easter Sunday, we were at church when the contractions started - again! So ignore and move on was my motto this time around. The contractions will persist if it were to be the real thing! By the time we got home, I sunk into bed and tried to get comfy - huh! I moved to my bath tub to try and get "more comfy". By this time the contactions were intense and close together - time to go by 3:00pm! Of course, being Batchelor-Style, we hadn't packed our bag yet, so Ryan scrambled to get some things put together. We headed off in the car with 4 of the 5 kids left at home with fevers! About 7 minutes later we had to turn around because we had forgotten the camera - and we all KNOW that is not going to work! I also hadn't downloaded my Easter pictures from that morning, but there was no time for that - I wanted my Epidural NOW!!!

I got to the Birth Center and they immediately took me back and started assessing me. I rated my pain at a 5 only because I knew it would get much worse if I DIDN'T GET MY EPIDURAL SOON!!! I was checked and told I was alreay at a 6 - so then I wanted to change my pain scale to about an 8! EPIDURAL LADY - WHERE ARE YOU??? They did their best to get it going, however, it was not destined to happen! Ugh - another birth filled with humour memories due to this crazy lady when she is in pain!

To save all the "lovely" details, Caylor was born healthy and strong. She had a poop in utero - so they did bring in the Big Wig Dr. but she was fine! She even got an 8 on her first Apgar and then a 9 on her second one!


Proud Daddy - again! :) He got his second daughter that he soooo wanted!

Aaaahhh - feeling much better now!


Our cutie!

Caylor is not fond of baths or being naked. Hopefully this will change since this is pretty much the only time she cries!

More pictures to come.... when there is time..... so don't hold you breath too long.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, this almost makes me want to have another!! :) Yay for another girl, boo for no epidural! You are one tough momma, Jenny! She is such a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete